Sunday, June 2, 2013

Last day home, to be well spent

Almost gone! 

It has been a good last few days speding time with family and friends. Yesterday, mom, dad and I had Chaiyos for lunch. That panang curry is a newfound love of mine. (3 star spicy, nothing too crazy) Kaci, Brianne, and I had dinner and a few drinks on the patio last night to say our goodbyes, I'll miss those crazy two. 

Today, mom is cooking up a special request menu for me :)  We are going to have huli huli chicken, (huli huli sauce is a hawaiian marinade-Lauren, if you see this while in Hawaii, try some, it's great!) asian dumplings, spring rolls, green beans, kale and anything else that she decides to cook up.  For those of you that don't know, she is an amazing cook, a wizard in the kitchen to say the least. Worm is off work today (yay!) and will be joining us with Chuck and the rest of the family sans my brother Michael, who is partying in the Ozark Mountains right now.

I have been putting off packing but it's finally done.  Jody convinced me to get a knife and glad I did, it will be handy.  Worm is convinced I will lose it though. He'll see. :)  

It sure is pouring outside, I'll have to get used to this.  El Yunque is a rainforest and June marks the start of hurricane season.  I'm fond of rainstorms so it will be alright.

Also, Worm and I decided not to go to Peru immediately when I get back home.  We are going in december over winter break instead. Jeremiah suggested it one day and after some quick thought, it was really glaringly obvious.  (wont miss the first week of school, our winter is their summer, more time to plan, more time to save, more time to stay down there too) It's a huge relief too, not having to worry about planning Peru with Worm while I'm going to be busy in Puerto Rico.  

No photos yet, but you better believe that there will be tons of them coming soon.  I leave in the morning and arrive at 1:30p in Puerto Rico (same time zone as Knoxville).  I'm not yet sure of phone service but I'll keep everyone posted.  

It has not felt real and probably will not until I leave Worm at the gate. The number one thing people ask is "Are you excited?" and "What will you do without Worm?" I have an enormous excitement thats been brewing since I found out I would be going, a healthy bit of nervousness and then too, a curiosity like no other I've had before.  Worm and I agree, we are not dying at the thought of two and a half months apart, we are excited that I have to chance to follow my passion and learn something new about the world.  

It's gonna be good :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment